Greetings BlackTie followers!
It is my pleasure to introduce you to the MR6 release of BlackTie!
We have had some major successes with this release and as always you can get the full release notes from:
As this release provides a significant shift forward for the framework I just wanted to point out a few of the features that we added which I hope will be of interest to a good deal of you out there:
1. The major item is that we believe we have now achieved full XATMI and TX API compliance
2. Compatability for inter-machine communication from Linux to Windows
3. Our txfooapp example has been fully documented for use with Oracle database
4. Crash recovery support has been added for the individual server processes
5. A new administration interface has been added that allows us to integrate into the JBoss administration console - point your browsers to http://localhost:8080/admin-console to see this in action - you must have installed BlackTie for this to work!
6. The administration API has been extended to allow remote shutdown of servers
7. We have done some major work on the configuration system to make this platform neutral where possible
If you have been with us for a while now, we have some bad news for Berkeley users. Unfortunately Oracle have removed support for XA from this database and as such we can no longer support usage of this within BlackTie: http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=961909&tstart=0
Also, since MR5 we have created a new patch for stomp so you will need to follow step 5 and step 8.1-8.4 in the Building BlackTie wiki article:
Here's the usual link to download BlackTie MR6: