I have some particularly great news this for today, we have just release the first milestone from the 3.0 stream of BlackTie.
As always we have the release notes available on the web from: http://www.jboss.org/blacktie/release.html
Some of the main features we have introduced are:
1. HornetQ transport - we have finally upgraded to HornetQ for increased performance and resilience in our underlying messaging provider, this is particularly good as we can now take advantage of the HornetQ InVM transport between stompconnect and the message broker for super efficient messaging!
2. AIX support - with some excellent work by a few of our community members we have managed to get Blacktie building and running on AIX!
3. Java stomp usage - we have simplified our Java client library so that it now utilises stomp rather than raw JMS for messaging, this greatly simplifies the administration of deployed clients
4. Extended buffer support - we have introduced the ability to describe the X_C_TYPE and X_COMMON buffers in XSD rather than the btconfig, this is the first part in extending these buffers for SOA style usage
5. Greatly enhanced queueing support - I will add a blog entry on this later today or this week
This last point is truly a step forward for us, the blog will have more details but we have added two new (non-XATMI) operations which allow messages to be enqueued with the scope of a TX transaction! Finally you can send messages from C code within the scope of an XA transaction in an open source project!
We look forward to hearing your feedback!
PS Download the release from here: http://www.jboss.org/blacktie/downloads